No products in the cart.
Buy your new bike online and have it fully assembled by a professional Cycle Technician.
If you have bought a bike online It is very important to have your new bicycle built/set-up correctly, for safety reasons, for brakes and gears to work correctly/smoothly and to give you years of enjoyment.
Many bicycles are now brought on the Internet and are delivered in a box. Some require more building up than other, we have come across road bikes that require the handlebars taping and bikes with brakes not set to UK standards.
Cycle Tech Oldham recommends bike building is carried out by a Trained and qualified Bicycle Technician, as our staff are to British Standards 6102
Cycle Tech Oldham Bike Build Service Includes:
- Remove bike from box and put bike in work-stand-Dispose of the box and packaging
- Correctly position bars, stem and tighten to correct torque settings
- Adjust bar levers position
- Pedal threads greased and fitted
- Ensure tyres seating correct and fitted with correct rotational direction
- Inflate tyres to correct pressure
- Check spoke tension and wheel trueness, ensure wheels are securely attached
- Wheel hubs rotate freely and no side play
- Check and adjust headset free play
- Check cable routing (with UK brake position)
- Ensure seat and seat post are adjusted to rider and secure
- Check crank bolts, where applicable
- Check chainring bolts, where applicable
- Set front and rear derailleur limit screws
- Adjust cable tension to ensure smooth indexing of gears
- Set up brakes in line with manufacturers recommendations
- Check pad alignment and adjust as necessary
- Check cables for smooth running, lubricate, as necessary
- Any suspension bikes correctly set to rider’s weight/style and pivot bolts torqued
- Fit reflectors and bell
- Fit and adjust any additional components, as necessary
- Torque all additional bolts to correct Torque
- Fit Bar tape if required
- Test ride and riding position fine tuned, any functions explained
- Manual / tools / instructions presented and bike signed for
PDI Check Sheet on completion, that you can save for warranty and service history.
PDI conforms to BS6102 Part 1 & 2 and the relevant EN safety standard, as applicable.
- Childs bike- Single Speed, upto and including 20″ wheel – £15.00
- Adult Bikes, MTB, Hybrid & Commuter £30.00
- Road Bike (to include bar tape wrapping if required) £30.00
- Electric Bikes – POA
- Di2 equipped bikes £40.00
If you pre-book your bike build in with us, we can normally do it whilst you wait or have a look around the local Village town centre