No products in the cart.
Used Bike Repairs
Bought a used bike for a Christmas? and why not there are some fantastic deals to be had out there. But, how do you know its safe to use and won’t fall apart the first time you use it and as a result cause an injury. You have to remember that someone as sold that bike for a reason. It could be its too small which is very common with Chrildren’s bikes. However there could also be an issue with the bike which you can’t see.
At Cycle Tech Oldham we understand the issues with buying a used bike. This is why, to give you peace of mind, we offer a Used Bike inspection for just £25.00. A qualified Bicycle Technician will carry out all inspections and repairs. Pre Book your inspection and we will do it whilst you wait.
- Correctly position bars, stem and tighten to correct torque settings
- Adjust bar levers position
- Pedal thread Torque
- Ensure tyres seating correct and fitted with correct rotational direction
- Inflate tyres to correct pressure
- Check spoke tension and wheel trueness, ensure wheels are securely attached
- Wheel hubs rotate freely and no side play
- Check and adjust headset free play
- Ensure seat and seat post are adjusted to rider and secure
- Check crank bolts, where applicable
- Check chainring bolts, where applicable
- Set front and rear derailleur limit screws
- Adjust cable tension to ensure smooth indexing of gears
- Set up brakes in line with manufacturers recommendations
- Check brake pad wear, alignment and adjust as necessary
- Check cables for smooth running, lubricate, as necessary
- Any suspension bikes correctly set to rider’s weight/style and pivot bolts torqued
- Torque all additional bolts to correct Torque
- Test ride and riding position fine tuned, any functions explained
If your bike requires and further repairs or parts fitting, we will advise you with the costs before carrying out any work.