No products in the cart.
We run a professional bicycle workshop using cycle specific tools from Parktool, Shimano, Bosch, Snap-on and Unior. Our Bicycle Technicians are experienced on a wide rage of bikes, well trained and fully qualified to at least Cytech Level 2. All out Bicycle Technicians are also trained on the most popular Electric Bike systems.
We carry out all types of repairs from minor repairs to major overhaul servicing
- Minimum labour charge £5.
- Cost of bike parts is not included in a fixed price unless otherwise stated.
- Puncture?! We will sort it for £10 – new inner tube included in the price.
- Prices are based on individual jobs, multiple jobs on the same bike or jobs done as part of a service will be subject to a 10% discount, should the parts be bought from us.
- All work is carried out by Cytech qualified bike mechanics.
- We would prefer you to buy any parts from us, but if you do supply your own parts we would charge you the stand alone rate for the repair and we would not offer any labour discounts or warranty on the repairs
FREE SAFETY CHECKS ON ALL BIKES
If you’re worried about the condition of your bike, just bring it in and we’ll check it over and advise on any work required. Our comprehensive cycle checks include drivetrain, tyres, headset, bottom bracket, wheels, brake pads and all cables for wear or play.
GEAR & BRAKE TUNE £25.00
Brakes rubbing and gears slipping leads to excessive wear and shortens the life of your componentry. This basic service gets your wheels spinning freely and your gears changing smoothly across their entire range. The service includes:
• Check & adjust brakes.
• Check & adjust gears.
• Clean & lubrication of brake & gear cables.
• Check for chain & drive chain wear.
• Check & lubrication of drive chain.
If you would like an inner cable and outer sleeve changed then please add £10 per cable (or £15 for internal cabled bikes). This is for black outer sleeves and stainless steel cables.
Add £10 if you would like your wheels trued.
MAIN SERVICE £50.00
We recommend this service every 6 months for the keen cyclist or annually for the weekend / casual cyclist
It includes the Gear & Brake Tune plus:
• Check tyre pressure & tread wear.
• Check wheels & hubs, re-grease wheel bearings.
• True wheels.
• Adjust headset.
• Check bolt torque for all components.
• Diagnostics check & advice on any further work required.
• Complete safety inspection (“M” Check)
OVERHAUL SERVICE £120
We recommend this service once a year for commuters to keep your cycle running in top condition.
Our complete overhaul service includes everything in the Gear & Brake Tune and Main Service plus:
• Bike valet.
• Complete cycle strip down and component check, excluding suspension.*
• Cleaning & re-greasing of components.
• Brake service including inner cable & outer sleeve replacement.- Cables included
• Hydraulic brake clean, adjust & system bleed. – Fluids included
• Gear cable change & re-tune. – Cables included
*We offer Suspension servicing from £30. Suspension systems vary so please see our Suspension Workshop page for further details or get in touch for an accurate quote.
Prices do not include any components that need replacing and the associated fitting costs, unless otherwise stated.
The small print…
We know that no-one plans to have a mechanical failure, but if you do the chances are you would like your bike fixing straight away so we aim to keep the vast majority of service parts in store. However, whenever possible we strongly advise booking your bike into our workshop in advance to ensure it’s ready before a holiday, event or race. Our workspace is limited so if you’re unable to collect your bike on the agreed collection date, or within 2 days, Unless otherwise arranged) then we may have to charge a late collection fee of £5 per day.
All prices are dependent on condition of the cycle and the components – neglected bikes may take more time to fix as nuts and bolts may be rounded and/or rusted together. For this reason we need to see your bike for a more accurate estimate.
We can’t inspect your bike properly if its dirty, dirty bikes will be subject to the Bike Valet cleaning charge of £10. Plus bikes can roll through some horrible smelly stuff so depending on their state and how busy we are, we reserve the right to refuse a filthy bike.